The mission of the Board of Jewish Education is to nurture the continuity and quality of Jewish life through Jewish education, and to be a leader in implementing the vision of Jewish education. The BJE is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to:
- Enhancing the quality of Jewish education in the community
- Increasing enrollment in Jewish education at all levels
- Advocating on behalf of students, parents, institutions and professionals involved in Jewish education
- Maximizing the involvement of the community, parents and other interested parties in support of our programs and the overall Jewish educational enterprise of our community
- Inspiring, instructing and involving learners of all ages so that they participate in Jewish life, pursue Jewish education as a positive life-long activity and develop the capability to contribute to the Jewish community and the Jewish people
- Remaining responsive to the changing needs of the community and where possible serving as a catalyst
We remain responsive to the changing needs of the community as we advocate on behalf of students, parents, institutions and professionals involved in Jewish education while at the same time maximizing the involvement of the community, parents and other interested parties.